J. Lynn Florals is a home based seasonal floral design business located in Strathcona County, just a few minutes south of Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada.
I am a floral designer and master gardener who designs florals for all occasions with as little impact on our environment as possible.
My promise to you, my client:
- Only locally grown flowers will be used in my designs. Flowers will be grown by me and supplemented with other locally grown flowers, if needed.
- Flowers will be grown without the use of harmful pesticides and chemicals.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle wherever possible. I offer a vase exchange program to encourage the use of recycled vases and mason jars.
- Flowers and plant material will be used in their natural state or dried. No dyes or paints will be used.
- No floral foam will be used.
- No artificial flowers will be used.
- Support my fellow small business owners by shopping local whenever possible.
Photograph by Chad Sonnenberg
My husband and I are high school sweethearts and have been together for four decades. Jim is the muscle behind
J. Lynn Florals. He works tirelessly building the infrastructure needed to grow healthy and beautiful flowers for my designs.
Jim and I live with our two children, our furry and feathery friends and our koi fish on our acreage near Sherwood Park, Alberta.
My obsession with plants started about 30 years ago when we began planning and building our gardens. You name it, I've tried it. I am always on the hunt for new annuals, perennials, biennials, shrubs and trees to add to my collections.
As a believer in life long learning, in the last few years I have graduated from the Master Gardener program at the University of Alberta, attended floral design training in the Netherlands and am a recent graduate of the Floret class of 2020.
- Edmonton Horticultural Society
- Sherwood Park Garden Club
- Master Gardeners Association
- Association of Specialty Cut Flowers
- Slow Flowers
- Growing Kindness Project